Hi there and WELCOME to our website!
Terra Nut Cheese is a vegan cream cheese company from Wellington, New Zealand.
We’re committed to making our products as minimally processed and healthful for you as possible so you can make the best decision for your body, our planet and the animals.
Our cream cheeses are made of whole food, plant based and mostly organic ingredients: whole cashews, purified water, New Zealand sea salt, dairy-free probiotics, herbs & spices.
They're all plastic-free and certified vegan.
Terra Nut cheeses are NOT imitation products: the tangy and cheesy flavour you get when you try them is achieved through natural culturing process with probiotics. You can still enjoy THAT flavour, but without animals involved. This is why we believe that nut cheeses are amazing products in their own right, we call them the NEW REAL THING.
OUR CREAM CHEESE
NATURAL CASHEW CREAM CHEESE
Probably the healthiest and most versatile cream cheese in the world! Its pleasant, natural and tangy flavour will make you doubt it’s vegan.
Great in a wide range of dishes: cheesecakes, icing, sauces, sushi etc. (check out our Healthy Recipes page!)
Quite thick by itself, add a little bit of water to get almost-instant sour cream.
Ingredients: whole cashews*, purified water, NZ sea salt*, vegan probiotic.
Glass jars, 200 or 400 grams.
DILL & GARLIC CASHEW CREAM CHEESE
Of course, we HAD TO include one with dill! It reminds us of Eastern Europe, and that part of the world is close to our hearts.
Love this one, and it tends to be our friends’ favourite.
Delicious (or should I say dill-licious!?) herbaceous and garlicky flavour.
Spread on a whole grain toast, or mix with some water to create the perfect sour & creamy dip, almost identical to Classic Kiwi onion dip.
Ingredients: whole cashews*, purified water, NZ sea salt*, dill, garlic*, vegan probiotic. *organic ingredients
Glass jars, 200 or 400 grams.
SMOKY CASHEW CREAM CHEESE
Smoky, tangy and super versatile cream cheese, full of organic goodness.
Great on bagels, sandwiches or in pasta.
Mix it with a bit of water to make instant nacho dip or oil-free Mac and Cheese sauce.
Ingredients: whole cashews*, purified water, NZ sea salt*, nutritional yeast*, smoked paprika, hickory liquid smoke, vegan probiotic.
Glass jars, 200 grams.
SO... WHY NUT CHEESE?
Does cheese grow on trees?
Not most of it nowadays, but in Terra we're convinced: the cheese of the future will grow on trees. More precisely, it'll be made of nuts, which, as you know, grow on trees.
Here are 7 reasons WHY our nut cheeses are awesome:
1. They're made of few simple, natural ingredients: whole, organic cashew nuts, purified water, NZ sea salt, herbs and spices (and THAT'S ALL!). You get all the nutrients, minerals, antioxidants, fibre, protein and good fats, with NO added oil or artificial preservatives.
2. They're VEGAN, which means you can still enjoy THAT tangy cream cheese flavour, without the middle moo! Only awesome & wholesome plant-based ingredients (how cool is that!?).
3. They're full of probiotics. These little guys are friendly bacteria that are good for your digestive and immune system, and they help cashews achieve a cheesy flavour naturally. Probiotics help maintain or restore your body's proper bacterial balance.
4. They're incredibly versatile, the amount of meals you can make with them is literally infinite: creamy mushrooms, a healthier Mac and Cheese, vegan Carbonara, guilt-free cake icing - all the cheesy stuff you might have already given up! Take a look at our Healthy Recipes section to get inspired.
5. They're tasty... no, in fact, they are delicious! No artificial ingredients means no artificial taste. Just try our cream cheese on a piece of rye toast or crackers, and you'll understand why we say nut cheese is the NEW REAL THING.
6. We're plastic-free and aiming to be as environmentally-friendly as possible. Not only our cream cheese comes in glass, but we also use compostable rubbish bags, cardboard boxes for shipping to our stockists, paper tape and paper bubble wrap. We also take your glass jars for reuse in Wellington (check with your local store whether it's possible and whether you can get a small discount).
7. We give back. We consistently donate part of our earnings to support 2 local animal sanctuaries, Black Sheep near Wellington and Til the Cows Come Home near Christchurch as well as causes related to animal rights, conservation, education and helping local community. This part of our business is very important, and we're looking forward to making a bigger positive impact as our company grows.
For these reasons and many more, we think the future of cheese is absolutely nuts. To us such perspective looks happier, healthier, more compassionate and sustainable.
By enjoying our cream cheese you become part of this brighter future today!