CAULI HOT WINGS (Vegan, Oil-Free, Baked)
Want to make something super delicious out of a humble cauliflower? So good that even your little ones won't realise they're eating veggies?
I've got a healthy and easy plant-based idea for you!
These cauli bites are yummy, vegan, oil-free and easy. Just cover each bite in the sauce, spiced couscous and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
Follow my photos for easy steps, find the instructions below. ☺️
See all the steps here:
1/2 medium cauliflower (or a full small one);
3/4 - 1 cup wholemeal couscous;
1 tsp salt;
1 tsp paprika;
2 tsp dried herbs (parsley, chives);
1/2 tsp chilli powder - if desired;
1/3 cup Terra Smoky cream cheese - about half of a 200 g jar;
2 tbsp of Sriracha or tomato sauce - you choose how spicy you want them to be;
1 tbsp maple syrup;
1/8 cup Tamari or soy sauce;
1 tsp garlic powder;
1/4 cup plant milk;
1/4 tsp turmeric - if desired
1. Preheat the oven to 210°C (410°F).
2. Divide HALF of a medium cauliflower (or a full small one) into florets.
3. In one bowl, mix 3/4 -1 cup of whole meal (or regular) couscous, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp paprika and 2 tsp dried herbs (I used chives). Add 1/2 tsp chilli if you like it hot 🔥
4. In another bowl, mix 1/3 cup Terra Smoky cashew cream cheese (half of a 200 g jar), 2 tbsp Sriracha, 1 tbsp maple syrup, 1/8 cup Tamari or soy sauce, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 cup plant milk. I also add 1/4 tsp of turmeric just because it’s so healthy, but it’s up to you. Mix everything with a spoon until there are almost no clumps left.
5. Bathe each cauli piece in the sauce, then cover it with the couscous mixture. Lay on baking tray, covered with parchment paper.
👆If you used up all the pieces from your 1/2 cauli but still have sauce left, take more florets from the other half until you finish up the sauce.
6. When all the pieces are covered and placed on the tray, bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 210°C (it should be already pre-heated if you followed step 1 😉).
7. Take out of the oven, drizzle with Sriracha. Serve with... whatever you want, really. We love them with roasted veggies (potatoes, pumpkin and beetroot) and a kale salad on the side.
🤩 Enjoy! 🤩