'CHEDDAR' BROCCOLI SOUP
Do you like Cheddar Broccoli soup?
I had no idea it existed, until recently! But when Lark told me it was a thing, I thought: 'Hm, I can make that!'
Like with many other dairy based dishes, the traditional recipe for this soup made me cringe: broccoli seemed to be the only healthy ingredient! But the one I've got for you here is sheer goodness 😇:
- oil free;
- gluten free;
- full of fresh vegetables
+ you can make it in under 30 minutes!
Enjoy this cheesiest lunch ever 😘
! Quick tip: add some raw broccoli florets in the soup when it's ready, this will boost nutrient absorption and make this dish even healthier.
Watch 'Cheddar' Broccoli Soup video here:
1/2 head of a large broccoli, or an entire small one;
3 small or 2 medium carrots;
1 celery rib;
1/2 medium onion;
3 garlic cloves;
1/2 cup Smoky cashew cream cheese;
2 cups of vegetable stock or stock powder mixed with water (check the ingredients to make sure it's vegan and decent!);
1. Start with chopping all the vegetables.
Cut the broccoli into small florets, grate the carrots and chop the celery rib into small pieces. If you don't like celery, replace it with pieces of broccoli stock for extra nutrients.
Make sure you cut garlic and onion into very small pieces.
2. In a food processor, make Cheddar sauce: blend Smoky cream cheese with 1 cup of plant milk, 1,5 tbsp miso paste and 1/4 tsp turmeric. Turmeric is optional, but I like to add it when I can because of its almost magical health benefits! Plus, even a tiny bit (like 1/4 tsp) will give a bright yellow colour to your soup and will make it look even cheesier.
3. In a large - medium pot, bring 1/2 cup of water to a boil. Cook the onion & garlic pieces in this water for 3 - 5 minutes, until the onion becomes soft and transparent.
4. Add vegetable broth and the cheesy mixture into the pot, mix until combined and bring to a simmer.
5. Add the vegetables in, stir and cook for 7 - 10 minutes.
6. You're done! I told you it's really quick.
Serve this soup with some fresh sourdough bread and chopped parsley.
6 vegan cheese sauces you can make in under 5 minutes!
SHARE this recipe with your friends: