CHEESY VEGAN QUICHE
Have you made vegan quiche before?
I’ve enjoyed making and perfecting this one for the past couple of weeks. Now that I’m 100% happy with the result, I’m ready to share it with you!
It’s vegan (obviously), real cheesy (... obviously 🤓), full of vegetables and also gluten-free, because I use potatoes instead of traditional crust. 🤫
This quiche is pretty easy, although it does take a little while to make. But now that we have more time on our hands, why not try, right!?
Watch my recipe video and see the steps below. Enjoy!
Watch Cheesy Vegan Quiche video here:
2 - 3 medium potatoes for the crust (but use as many as you need to cover the baking dish);
1 - 2 tbsp olive il to cover baking dish;
1 small - medium broccoli, divided into florets,
1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in halves,
1/2 onion, chopped in bite-sized pieces;
(or about 2,5 cups of your fave veggies)
For the filling:
1 block of firm tofu (300 g);
1 full 200 g jar of Dill & Garlic cashew cream cheese;
1/2 cup plant milk;
1 tsp cumin;
a dash of salt and pepper;
a bunch of spinach or Swiss chard leaves (about 50 g);
+ optional 1 tsp paprika, 1 2 tbsp nutritional yeast.
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (374°F).
2. Cover baking dish with some olive oil.
3. Slice the potatoes thinly and lay on the baking dish, forming the crust. I cover the bottom first, putting potato slices on top of each other so that they overlap (like I'm showing in the video). Then I cover the sides and I use smaller pieces to fill in empty spaces.
4. Bake the potato crust at 190°C for 25 - 30 minutes, until soft. Poke the potato crust with a fork to make sure it's soft and ready to go. If it is, take it out of the oven.
5. Bake 1 cup broccoli florets (I used florets form 1 small broccoli), 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, cut in halves and 1/2 an onion, chopped into bite-sized pieces for 20 - 25 minutes at 190°C.
! Tip: you can use about 2,5 cups of your favourite vegetables like pumpkin, capsicum or courgettes.
6. While the potato crust and the veggies are baking, make the filling. In a food processor, mix 1 whole pack of firm tofu (300 g), 1 full 200 g jar of Dill & Garlic cashew cream cheese, 1/2 cup plant milk, 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp cumin, a dash of salt and pepper to taste. Blend until smooth.
! Tip: for extra cheesy flavour, add 2 tbsp nutritional yeast. I don't think it's necessary here, but I add it sometimes, when I feel like it.
7. Add some spinach or chard leaves (about 50 g) to the filling while still in the food processor. Pulse until the greens are mixed in, don't overprocess.
8. When everything is ready, put the veggies on top of the crust, then put the quiche mixture on top and mix gently. Put some veggies aside and decorate with them at the end.
9. Bake the quiche at 190°C for 25 minutes, then take it out of the oven and let it cool down for 10 - 15 minutes. Enjoy with a side salad or by itself.
6 vegan cheese sauces you can make in under 5 minutes!
SHARE this recipe with your friends: