CREAMY MUSHROOM SOUP
I love everything with mushrooms, especially when it's creamy and flavourful, like this soup!
It's ridiculously easy to make and healthy, like most of my recipes. We usually have it on Sundays, when we come back from the vegetable market with a large bag of mushrooms.
This soup should keep you warm during these rainy wintery days we're having now in Kiwiland. Watch the 2-minute video or read the steps underneath it :)
Watch Creamy Mushroom Soup video here:
about 25 white mushrooms
1 medium onion
4 garlic cloves, or as many as you like
1 tbsp Italian herbs: basil, oregano etc.
3 tbsp Terra cashew cream cheese - Plain, but the others will do
1 tbsp Marmite or Vegemite fresh ciabatta bread
1. Boil 2 cups of water in a pot.
2. Cut the mushrooms loosely. Place in the pot with water, cook for 10 minutes on low, covered.
3. Cut the onion and garlic cloves, add to the pot & cook for 5 more minutes.
4. Add 1 tbsp Italian herbs, 3 tbsp cashew cream cheese, 1 tbsp Marmite. Mix well and cook for a couple more minutes.
5. Blend until creamy.
6. Serve with fresh ciabatta.
6 vegan cheese sauces you can make in under 5 minutes!
SHARE this recipe with your friends: