CREAMY SPINACH LASAGNA
We love having lasagna at weekends, especially when we get together with friends. For a lasagna, it’s actually a pretty easy recipe, especially with the video I’m gonna share with you: the whole process should take under an hour.
Ideally, you'd use the whole big jar of our Plain cashew cream cheese here, but I understand this makes the dish quite pricey. Or cheese is made of high quality, organic ingredients, I believe it's affordable, but not cheap! So you can easily use just half of a jar and add about 200 g of soft tofu in the white sauce instead.
One really exciting thing is the Almond Parmesan, included in this video (it’s the stuff on top of the lasagna). If you’re one of those awesome people who remember us at the Vegan Vault over 2 years ago (yep, right before our first license was revoked), you know we had an almond Parmesan alternative.
It was very popular, but some time ago we decided to concentrate exclusively on cultured cheeses and leave all the others behind.
This Parmesan is a very simple, but very tasty recipe, and I'm super excited to share it with you!
Hope you love it on lasagna... or on anything else, seriously, it’s THAT good!
Watch Creamy Lasagna recipe video here:
instant lasagna sheets
about 20 white button mushrooms,
3 - 4 courgettes,
1 large capsicum
1 whole jar of Plain cashew cream cheese, - or a small jar + 200 g crumbled soft tofu
1/2 tbsp Vegemite
1 cup plant milk
1/2 -1 cup water 1 whole bag of spinach (120 g)
for the Almond Parmesan:
1/3 cup roasted almonds
1/3 cup nutritional yeast flakes
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp garlic powder
a dash of salt
1. Dice all the veggies
2. Cook in 1/2 of boiling water for about 10 minutes, until they soften.
3. Mix in a pot: 1 whole jar of Plain cashew cream cheese (or half a jar plus 200 g of crumbled tofu), Vegemite, plant milk, water and spinach.
Heat it all together in a pot, stir constantly until thick, creamy texture is achieved. Add the tofu at the end if you're using it.
4. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
5. Put the lasagna together, like I'm showing in the video: sauce - lasagna sheets - veggies - sauce - repeat.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
7. Make Almond Parmesan. In a food processor, blend the roasted almonds, nutritional yeast, smoked paprika, garlic powder and salt, until everything is mixed together nicely. Mix on low to adios lumps.
8. Sprinkle some parmesan on top of the lasagna and bake for 10 more minutes, uncovered.
9. Enjoy the deliciousness with your friends, they just won't believe it's 100 % vegan ;)
6 vegan cheese sauces you can make in under 5 minutes!
SHARE this recipe with your friends: