PUMPKIN & DATE BROWNIES
Can chocolate brownies be as good for you as oatmeal?
These ones - YES 🍫
I have a sweet tooth and eat 85% of all the cakes in our house, so, of course, I prefer them to be on a healthier side.
These brownies are made of 100% whole food ingredients: mainly pumpkin, dates and oats. They have no sugar, flour or oil added, but are still perfectly chewy and delicious (you won't taste the pumpkin, I promise!). 😋
This my kind of dessert: the more you eat - the better you feel 😇
NOTE: This amount is best to bake in a banana bread baking pan, covered with parchment paper. It's not a huge amount, so double the recipe if you want more brownies.
Watch the video or read my step-by-step instructions below.
Watch Pumpkin & Date Brownies video here:
pumpkin or butternut squash - about 1/4 of a large one.
! You need to get 1 heaping cup of cooked, peeled pumpkin for this recipe.
2 tbsp flax seeds;
1 cup dried dates;
1/2 heaping cup rolled oats, blended into flour OR 1/2 cup oat flour;
1/3 cup Terra Natural cashew cream cheese (half of a 200 g jar);
2 tsp vanilla extract;
1/3 cup cocoa powder;
1/2 tsp baking powder;
1/2 tsp baking soda
1. Cut the pumpkin into pieces and bake at 200°C (390°F) for about 25 minutes or until soft.
! Tip: The thinner your slices are - the faster the pumpkin is going to cook. Poke it with a fork to make sure it's soft enough.
2. Make flax 'egg': mix 2 tbsp ground flax seeds with 6 tbsp hot water. Mix well and set aside.
3. Soak 1 cup of dried dates in boiling hot water for 10 - 15 minutes, while you're getting everything else ready.
4. When you pumpkin pieces are cooked, soft and have cooled down, peel them and measure 1 heaping cup. This is the amount you need for these brownies.
5. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). In a food processor, blender 1/2 heaping cup of rolled oats into flour or just use 1/2 cup of oat flour, if you have it.
6. In a food processor, blend the pumpkin, soaked (and drained!) dates, 1/3 cup Terra Natural cashew cream cheese (half of a 200 g jar), flax egg and 2 tsp vanilla extract, - until smooth.
7. Add 1/2 cup blended rolled oats, 1/3 cup cocoa powder, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda. Process until smooth.
8. Transfer the batter into a banana bread baking pan, covered with parchment paper. No need to use any oil! Bake for 30 - 35 minutes at 180°C.
9. When out of the oven, let the brownies cool down for at least 20 minutes, then cut in 8 - 12 pieces.
10. Enjoy your healthy treats! They're so good with fresh berries and some Natural cashew cream cheese on top ❤️
6 vegan cheese sauces you can make in under 5 minutes!
SHARE this recipe with your friends: