SAVOURY CORN MUFFINS
Here's our Savoury Corn Muffins recipe!
I was aiming for a recipe that's very cheesy, fluffy, but also healthy, as with most food I make.
After a few attempts, I'm very happy with these muffins, and they only take about 30 - 35 minutes to make, including the prep time.
Watch Savoury Corn Muffins video here:
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup corn flour (corn meal)
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp turmeric powder
1 cup plant milk
½ cup cashew cream cheese (Sundried Tomato or Plain)
Plus: ¼ cup chopped greens (parsley, chives etc.)
¼ cup chopped sundried tomatoes
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C.
2. Make chia egg: mix 1/2 tbsp ground chia seeds with 1/4 cup of water. Mix well and watch the magic happen.
3. Mix the dry ingredients together: 1 cup wholemeal flour, 1 cup cornflour, 1 tbsp baking powder, 2 tbsp nutritional yeast, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder.
4. Add the wet ingredients, mix them in with the dry ones. Add the greens and the sundried tomatoes.
5. Put the dough in muffin tin and bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
6. Let the muffins cool down, then you can use a spoon to get them out of the tin.
7. Enjoy your cheesy muffins!! They’re especially good when still slightly warm.
6 vegan cheese sauces you can make in under 5 minutes!
SHARE this recipe with your friends: