SPICY TOMATO SOUP
This tomato soup will make a warm and healthy meal for your whole family! It's also really easy to make, just watch my video and you'll see.
We've been having it regularly for the past couple of months and really love it.
The combination of roasted garlic and capsicum, Italian spices and cashew cream cheese makes it super flavourful, thick and creamy. Our kitchen smells so good every time that I can't wait to make it again.
I prefer it thick, so you only need 3 cups of vegetable stock. Tomatoes are full of liquid and will give you the rest of the necessary water content.
I like this soup with a decent amount of chilli, but you decide how spicy you want it to be. Enjoy in a good company ❤️
Watch Spicy Tomato Soup video here:
2 large red capsicums;
3 - 6 garlic cloves;
3 cups of vegetable stock;
8 - 10 tomatoes;
1 tbsp Italian herbs;
1/2 - 1 tsp smoked (or non-smoked) paprika;
1/4 - 1 tsp chilli powder, or as much as you want and like;
1/3 cup Terra Natural cashew cream cheese, - 1/2 of a 200 g jar;
salt, black pepper - to taste
1. Cut 2 red capsicums in medium - large pieces and roast them, plus 3 - 6 garlic cloves, in the oven at 200°C (390°F) for 20 - 25 minutes, until soft, brown and eye-rollingly aromatic.
! Tip: Roasted garlic gives this soup an incredible smell and taste and so don't be afraid to use a decent amount, especially if you love garlic (like I do).
2. While they're roasting, bring 3 cups of vegetable stock to a simmer.
3. Cut 8 - 10 tomatoes in large chunks. Don't worry about the aesthetics, it'll all get blended at the end. 😄
4. Simmer tomatoes for about 10 minutes. They'll soften and release a lot of liquid.
5. Add 1 tbsp Italian herbs, 1/2 - 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1/4 - 1 tsp chilli powder, 1/3 cup Terra Natural cashew cream cheese, salt and pepper to taste. Mix everything well and cook for 10 more minutes, then turn off the heat.
6. Get roasted capsicum and garlic out of the oven and throw them in the soup. Blend using a stick blender.
7. It's ready! Serve with toasted whole grain bread and fresh basil.
6 vegan cheese sauces you can make in under 5 minutes!
SHARE this video with your friends: